The Sports Hub Sunshine Coast will deliver a not-for-profit Health and Wellbeing Sports Club and a High Performance Sports and Medical Centre that caters for the needs of the Sunshine Coast Community and athletes in an inclusive manner.
Sports & Medical Centre
- This area of the Hub will offer a variety of services in an inclusive and integrated manner.
- These include Strength and Conditioning training, rehabilitation, Recovery Facilities, Sports Education, Sports Science and Sports Medical services.
Health & Wellbeing
- The Sports and Community Club will offer healthy hospitality offerings along with health and wellbeing services.
- An administrative office, conference facilities and meeting areas for community sporting and recreation bodies will also be provided.
- Short-term accommodation (80 rooms) will include serviced ensuited rooms.
- The intent is to provide accessible, functional and affordable accommodation.
The Sunshine Coast High Performance Sports and Community Hub will have numerous direct benefits to sports excellence. It will also provide economic benefits and will have secondary effects to parts of the wider community such as an increase in sports tourism and sporting major events, attraction of elite sports people, teams and businesses to the region along with improved lifestyle and health.